ENTRYNAV2 Software Flash - Remote
Updating your iDrive software is only required in a limited range of situations. For example, if you want to activate a specific feature (like Fullscreen mode for Apple CarPlay), but it isn't supported by your vehicle's current software version, updating your software could be the answer. It may also be the solution when running into compatibility issues with third-party hardware that isn't designed to work with older iDrive software versions.
Without a clear goal in mind or a specific problem that needs fixing, your vehicle will almost always require a software update.
Please note compatibility is limited with this product as it requires your vehicle to be equipped with ENTRYNAV2 head unit with ID6 software (Business Navigation Option with either the 6.5" or 8.8"). In other words, your vehicle needs the latest on-board computer and operating system. Even if you have a vehicle from 2016, 2015 or 2014 with recent technology, your vehicle may only have the ID4 software, or the older head unit hardware, regular ENTRYNAV or CIC.
Please note for this package to be carried out remotely ensure you have access to the following.
- Windows 10 Laptop or MacBook (Running Windows 10 via Virtual Machine).
- Access to an external stable Wi-Fi connection is required
- Battery Charger with a minimum of 14 AMPS or Jumper Cables + Additional Vehicle
- OBD ENET II Cable Included when this package is purchased
- Ensure if you're booking an appointment from outside of the UK that you give enough time for the OBD ENET II Cable to arrive usually between 5-10 working days
Work devices may not compatible due to company restrictions and policies installed, its advised to use a personal device and any additional troubleshooting/support will be provided at an additional cost
With this service we will require you to book the vehicle in question in with us for an appointment, as this process takes around 45-50 minutes and will require connectivity directly to the vehicle.